Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Cold Side Carpigiani rewire 230V to 400V 3 phase Reply To: Carpigiani rewire 230V to 400V 3 phase

• coffeegeek

January 9, 2020 at 9:22 am

Now it allowed at least one post… I’ll try to upload the images in the next post.

I finally got around to open the machine. Seems the compressor has a separate motor (blue motor, see picture) which can be either star or delta wired so it is definitely 230/400V interchangeable.

Same goes for the beater motor (green motor, see picture). I’m not sure how this is connected since the terminal board doesn’t have a star nor delta connection(?). Shouldn’t there be bridges on the terminal board (I’m new to wiring these motors)?

The solenoid coil (light blue Danfoss 018Z) is 230V.

It seems to have a timer(?) in the front. Also 230V.

Contactors, ABB B12-30-10 probably has 230V coils (although contacts might be rated for 400V, they usually are). And most times the coils are replaceable.

According to the schematics, it should also have three overload protections and a pressostat (they all might already be rated for 400V), and a fan motor (MV) which probably is 230V.

As far as I can identify, these are the only components depending on power.

If both motors can be simply re-wired to star configuration, then only solenoid coil (7-8 EUR), timer (unknown, but this can be cheaply replaced with a China digital one), contractors (I get them for 18 EUR a piece – but maybe the coils can be purchased separately, even cheaper) and fan (8-15 EUR) needs to be replaced.

Any thoughts about a full 400V re-build?

I’m also considering this 400->230V:

https://www.banggood.com/5_5KW-380V-3-Phase-VFD-Variable-Frequency-Drive-Inverter-Motor-Speed-Controller-p-1303435.html