Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums The Hot Side Frymaster FPH155-SD wont stay lit Reply To: Frymaster FPH155-SD wont stay lit

• ectofix

February 24, 2020 at 5:30 pm

LOL!

No. The picture is one I got off the internet and I used paint for the arrows and text. Did that before I left for work this morning. Took about ten minutes.

Just so you two understand, I know these fryers VERY well. I even wrote an in-house technical reference manual on them for the guys at work some years ago. One without all the “fudge” – so dumbed down to our needs. We have over forty of those fryers at our properties.

For instance: I knew right away from the model number he gave (FPH155SD) that it has:

A SINGLE H55 high-efficiency gas fryer. So…Frymaster’s classic, thirty year old design that heats using two infrared burners – one on each side that are mirror images of each other. A design that once used two separate ignition modules. One for each burner. In the early 2000s, they went to a single, two-channel module in place of two seperate modules. All high-efficiency fryers made since then (except for ones made for McDonalds) use the two-channel module. A Footprint Pro filter system. I’d venture a guess that it has a spreader cabinet to accommodate the width of the filter system underneath…and to provide a dumping station next to the fryer. Probably has a heat lamp mounted above that. Because that fryer has a filter system, there’s a drain safety switch to disable the heat circuit when the drain valve is opened. That’s also a source for nuisance service calls because, unless the drain valve handle is FULLY closed, the unit won’t heat and will display HELP. That fryer LACKS a computer, so it probably uses an analog temp controller. The one which has a knob to adjust temperature. It has stainless steel doors, bezel, ledge and flue riser, but is cabinet sides are painted instead of being stainless too (stainless steel cabinet would be a different model number).