Dishwashing & Warewashing
Equipment Shutdown Procedures
Garland SIT Knob Alignment & Calibration
Both Garland griddles and ovens are equipped with the SIT knobs that allow users to easily adjust temperature. If an issue ever pops up, commercial kitchen operators typically turn to authorized technicians for help. To properly service these components, we have a helpful how-to video from our friends at Welbilt KitchenCare that shows proper Garland SIT knob alignment and calibration.
Procedure for Adjusting & Calibrating SIT Knobs
The following video walks you through how to adjust and calibrate SIT knobs on both Garland griddles and ovens. These procedures include:
- Aligning the outer knob with the inner knob to allow pilot valve to fully open:
- Step 1. Remove the outer knob, and check if the inner knob's ignition symbol is facing down at the “six o'clock” position.
- Step 2. Align the outer knob, window and ignition symbol at the “12 o'clock” position. Push it all the way onto the shaft.
- Recalibrating the knob:
- Step 1. Remove the control knob from the internal control knob.
- Step 2a. If product is taking too long to cook, adjust the pilot symbol on the control knob to the left by rotating temperature dial window to the right. Lock the ring screws when set at desired swing temperature measurement.
- Step 2b. If product overcooks, adjust the pilot symbol on the control knob to the right by rotating the temperature dial window to the left. Lock the ring screws when set at desired swing temperature measurement.
- Step 3. Insert the knob and make a new temperature swing measurement with a pyrometer.
Need more assistance repairing or installing a unit? Check out Welbilt Kitchencare for Garland self-help resources.