Tools & Gear
- Show all articles ( 3 ) Collapse Articles
Dishwashing & Warewashing
Equipment Shutdown Procedures
Replacing a Kolpak Walk-In Door Gasket & Handle
Knowing how to properly replace a Kolpak door gasket and handle are vital for foodservice operations, as a poorly maintained gasket or broken handle can result in disaster for their food stock. While it may seem like a routine task, it's an important job to complete.
Prior to replacement, ensure that the proper safety precautions are in place, such as:
- Be sure that all field wiring conforms to the equipment requirements, as well as any applicable national or local codes
- Disconnect all power prior to servicing
- Wear appropriate protective gloves to avoid injury on sharp edges
- Use protective eye gear during installation and servicing
- Make sure the unit and all components are inspected for damage prior to installation
Once those are set-up, learn how to replace a Kolpak walk-in door gasket and door handle thanks to the how-to videos below by our friends at Welbilt.
Check out all Kolpak technical training & e-learning videos.