Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Hello all, I’m trying to find the specs on a BKI LGF-F serial #579

• Hello all, I’m trying to find the specs on a BKI LGF-F serial #579

Posted by guest on October 6, 2016 at 12:00 am

I need the quick connect hose that refills the tank Much appreciated for the help.

izzygreen replied 7 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • john

October 7, 2016 at 11:18 am

Hi izzygreen,

I’m trying to find the hose you need, I was wondering, is it a vinyl hose or metal tubing?

Best,

John

• izzygreen

October 7, 2016 at 11:22 am

I’ve discovered that the part # I need is SB2332, I’ve yet to run a search for it

• john

October 7, 2016 at 11:23 am

Oh, is your filtration system remote? Here’s a link to the part you referenced as well.

BKI SB2332 FILTER HOSE, FEMALE SOCKET | Parts Town

• izzygreen

October 7, 2016 at 11:25 am

I’ve run a search, partstown carries it but its a female end and I need one with a male end…I assume they changed the design for the newer units.

• john

October 7, 2016 at 12:05 pm

I reached out to a tech to see if the original part still exists or if it has been made obsolete and replaced. I also visually inspected SB2332 and you can definitely remove the female quick disconnect to reveal a male end–however, and this is what I’m waiting to hear back on, I need to verify that male end will fit in your older unit. I don’t want to point you to a part that won’t fit!

• izzygreen

October 7, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Thanks! I’ll wait for your response

• john

October 7, 2016 at 12:58 pm

Glad to help! Still waiting to hear back–any chance you could snap a photo of your part and the male connector end?

John

• izzygreen

October 7, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Don’t have access to the part, so no; sorry

• ectofix

October 7, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Izzy, from what you’ve said, your old hose and wand had the male part of the quick-disconnect and you’re looking for one like.  However, the part number SB2332 you found listed otherwise has a female.  Am I correct?

I’ll offer an explanation as to why the new part is like that.  Keep in mind that this is just my own thoughts on why BKI makes it that way.

When the collar on the female quick-disconnect is released, the two fittings (male and female) seat closed on their own accord.  That’s by design.  However, residual hot oil may trickle out during that disconnecting.  If the pump is still running, the oil may be under pressure and squirt out some.

So if the female is on the fryer (or filter machine) and the male is on the hose, releasing the quick-disconnect collar would cause that residual to be directed towards the user.

Otherwise, if the female coupling is on the hose, when it’s decoupled, residual hot oil would (hopefully) harmlessly be directed back at the machine.

With that in mind – and beings that a new hose part number SB2332 comes with the female on it, maybe you’d do well to follow suit by installing the male quick-disconnect coupling onto the fryer (or filter machine).

If memory serves, I think most fryer manufacturers using 1/2″ pipe thread in their filter system plumbing.  So, those two couplings (the male and female quick-disconnects) are easily interchangeable in their installation.

Just my 2¢ from here in my arm chair.

• izzygreen

October 10, 2016 at 7:48 am

makes sense, if there was a way to confirm without traveling to the client I’d just order and redo the fittings. do you know if partstown or elsewhere supplies both sides of the quick connect, or is this a standard plumbing part?

Page 1 of 2