Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Is the Viking VRDO1240D build by Perlick Is the Viking VRDO1240D build by Perlick

• fixbear

June 4, 2019 at 7:36 pm

Unfortunately for you this unit is one, Domestic, and 2 been discontinued for the 5 series.  A 2 draw  5.2 cu ft undercounter exterior use cooler is not the most popular thing to find in the world.  If you at the point of a evaporator replacement,  you might want to just replace the whole unit.  Believe me when I say you will be better served.  And I’m one to repair anything. Evaporators normally run the duration of life of a cooler.

Measure the length, width and depth of the coil as well as note to tube locations and diameter.  Also note how many fins per inch the coil has.  Now note the type of mounting and it it also has a mounting for a cover.  You now have all the information you need to determine to BTU’s and either have one built, or find a stock coil to replace it.  You can contact RHS in Denver to find on if you can’t find a replacement stock one.  You can also determine through them if the coil is the same as perilick.  Often with odd machines they are made by a third party and relabeled.  Like under-counter ice machines.  Many are made by Inter-mountain yet sold under at least 6 brands that I know of.  But there are small control differences between them..   Optionally you may just want to call 1-888-845-4641 and ask Viking abut it.  Make sure to have the complete model and serial number.