Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I am working on a Henny Penny scd-6 warmer and it has a e-06 code. What is the correct way to check the temp sensor to see if it’s bad or if I have a defective board. I am working on a Henny Penny scd-6 warmer and it has a e-06 code. What is the correct way to check the temp sensor to see if it’s bad or if I have a defective board.

• fixbear

December 20, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Unfortunately, Henny Penny doesnt publish values for the temp sensor because it is not a thermistor.  It has 3 wires and may be a rtd, but I do not know this for sure.  In the manual, they tell you to just replace the probe if you get a E6 code. If it then does’nt go away, replace the board.  Not the way I would want to troubleshoot a machine. 

This is the service and parts manual: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/HEN-SCD-6-8_spm.pdf

Be sure to unplug and re-plug the sensor connections  (both) a few times to get a good contact.  Reboot machine. Those futaba connectors are notorious for having bad contact.