Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I’ve a Prince Castle Toaster DCFT-BK which the drive train is missing. i need advise on the installation of a new set of drive train assembly 526-289S and 526-101S. which sprocket goes where. thank you I’ve a Prince Castle Toaster DCFT-BK which the drive train is missing. i need advise on the installation of a new set of drive train assembly 526-289S and 526-101S. which sprocket goes where. thank you

• ectofix

December 20, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Those big name fast food hamburger chains love their bun toasters.  I saw McDs go through a bunch of them.  A.J. Antunes, Prince Castle, Frymaster…blah, blah.  Vertical belt-type toasters came, went and came back again.  Been awhile now, so don’t know what they’re using now.  I know I wasn’t a fan of Prince Castle’s UNIVERSAL toaster that McDs might still have (load from the top and little doors eject from underneath).  Those were a mechanical monstrosity, subject to failure and expensive to repair.  Then Antunes stepped up with their three-phase conveyor contraption that appeared capable of chewing your arm off…which trumped that Prince Castle in mechanical complexity.

Amazing – the devices designed to mass-toast hamburger buns…as quickly as possible.

I have no experience with any vertical toasters that BK uses.  Just their conveyor toasters (Star-Holman?).  AND…for that matter, I couldn’t remember the chain-drive routing layout of ANY the toasters that I HAVE serviced…unless I serviced one a day – from one day to the next.

Obviously their manual is useless for determining all that.  Maybe there’s a “like” unit which you can gain access to, take the side panel off and snap some pictures of?

Otherwise, I suggest calling Prince Castle’s tech support.  800-722-7853.

EDITED:  For my bad englich