Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Blodgett DFG1xl/AA not relighting. Blodgett DFG1xl/AA not relighting.

• ectofix

October 5, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Thanks for the picture.  That’s a new one to me.  Two rates of fire?  Interesting.

I had tried to correlate your oven’s model number to a standard DFG-100 – which I think I can fix with my eyes closed.  All that while I kept returning to Blodgett’s website looking for documentation on your DFG1XL/AA.  I I kept coming up empty-handed.

SO, for my own curiosity:

Does your DFG1XL/AA use a pilot to light the main burners flame?

– OR –

Does your oven lack a pilot burner altogether and simply use direct spark ignition to light the main burner?

I ask because I’ve never seen a Blodgett designed for direct spark ignition.

There ARE other oven makes out there that do use that.  For instance, Southbend (another Middleby company) makes convection ovens (at least the ones I’ve worked on) which use direct spark ignition.  In such an arrangement, an ignitor lights the main burners directly and the MAIN burner flame impinges upon a flame sensor rod to prove flame.

Otherwise, every Blodgett I’ve ever worked on used intermittent pilot ignition.  So, a PILOT lights first.  Then, as the pilot’s flame impinges upon the flame sensor rod and a flame is proven, the main valve opens to supply the main burners.

Sorry to confuse you by bringing that up.  I’m just curious about that oven.