Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives i have  the mst-72 and its not getting colder that 57 degreese what parts need to be replaced to reach a colder temp.. i have turend the dial all the way up and tho difference in temp

• i have  the mst-72 and its not getting colder that 57 degreese what parts need to be replaced to reach a colder temp.. i have turend the dial all the way up and tho difference in temp

Posted by guest on September 6, 2016 at 12:00 am

I have a MST-=72 and it is not getting cold enough it is staying at 57 degrees’. I also have  the dale turned all the way and still no changes. what parts would need to be replaced to achieve a cooler temp.? or any other suggestions?

buddy-moore replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

September 7, 2016 at 3:49 am

Guest wrote:

what parts would need to be replaced to achieve a cooler temp.?

Well, once a visual inspection and functional tests are performed…and then followed up by employing suitable troubleshooting tools such a multimeter and/or manifold gauges in order to narrow down to which specific part(s) or component(s) is(are) at fault – then replace THAT(THOSE).

Guest wrote:

or any other suggestions?

If you lack the skills and tools to diagnose the problem, then call a qualified technician.

• alnelson

September 7, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Question:

I have a turbo air, what should I replace?

Answer:

You should replace the turbo air with a new cooler.

• buddy-moore

December 2, 2016 at 7:43 pm

I do not agree with this. Turbo air is a very easy unit to work on. Seems some manufacturers add more bells and whistles than needed. 

• buddy-moore

December 2, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Sounds like low charge, dirty coil, bad evap fan… service tech is a pretty good idea. Clean your coils and allow it to sit 24hrs turned off, make sure the evap is not frozen. The start from scratch. Amp draw of compressor compared to date tag will help a little… higher than working to hard lower than possible low charge.