Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives perlick model pkc24

• perlick model pkc24

Posted by guest on September 13, 2016 at 12:00 am

hi,i have a perlick glass cleaner model pkc24 and the water seems to always be draining even when machine isn’t being used.

techjoeb replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

September 13, 2016 at 4:31 pm

Probably a bad water fill solenoid valve.  To confirm that, if you’ve pushed the button for the machine to DRAIN – after it’s done so and powers OFF, if you still have water constantly running into the wash tank and down the drain, then the valve is bad.

• techjoeb

January 13, 2017 at 11:46 am

So I know this is an old post but I want to update the post and get a response in case anyone else gets this issue as we have had this same call into tech support a few times. As ectofix mentioned above it could very well be a bad drain solenoid but I want to let you know this is a constantly running machine. This machine will continue to run until a glass hits the stop switch. So it’s meant to constantly fill over and over. It’s a carousel machine. It’s meant to keep going as the traffic of the day continues. If it’s still going after the stop switch has been activated there is another issue. Always check your incoming water temp. Your temp should be at around 140 deg f. +- 5 deg. This is where most manufacturers want their incoming water before it hits the heater. This is a sanitizing machine so it really won;t get any warmer than that. It sanitizes everything with chemicals (make sure to contact your chemical guy to ensure they are dialed in). After you check all that, I’m sure you will have narrowed down the possibilities. I hope this helps!

-Joe