Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums rhondo reversible sheeter moves 1 way but does not move in opposite direction when belt is tightened. But moves when no tension with belt on.

• ectofix

November 7, 2017 at 6:53 pm

There’s no short & simple answer to your problem other than to advise you to “clean the flour dust off of the sensors”.

My knowledge of Rondo dough sheeters is limited to what breakdowns that I’ve had to address as a technician.  There weren’t many.  I am only familiar enough with old ones as well as the new ones to know that I must “learn” each one as I go while working on it. 

Older sheeters were “manual” – with a steering-lever (of sorts) for reversing the belt’s direction at each pass.  Those are still available

Then there’s the automated ones (since the ’90s).  They use an array of sensors with electronic programming to take the dough through its ride back and forth – over and over – until the desired dough thickness is achieved per the programming.  They use photoelectric sensors as “eyes” to see the dough at each pass, lower the roller a little and reverse the direction.

So anyway…you didn’t specify ANY particular model.  Underneath those panels are numerous cogs, gears, shafts, sprag clutches, bearings, motors, a pulse generator…and much more.  Your explanation really doesn’t offer enough information to offer a clue as to whether it’s a mechanical problem or a sensing problem.

Really doesn’t matter, though.  As complex as a sheeter is, I doubt that you’ll gain much troubleshooting help on-line.

I recommend that, if you’ve exhaust whatever troubleshooting steps your operator’s manual offers, contact Rondo directly to locate a service company to come look at it.

Here’s a link for contacting Rondo for service within the U.S. and, in your case, Canada:

Rondo Sales & Service – USA and Canada

• fixbear

November 8, 2017 at 7:06 am

It may be possible that the main drive belt to the transmission is slipping with the added load of a tight conveyor belt. Or the reversing clutches are worn out.

• towin

November 8, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Thanks – it is an older model 

SKO63 MACHINE

• towin

November 8, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Thanks