Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What is the normal Sound level of cMA eve2000 dishwasher ?

• What is the normal Sound level of cMA eve2000 dishwasher ?

Posted by guest on February 19, 2017 at 12:00 am

Our current sound  Reading decibels for a CMA dishwasher eva2000 is 77 dB with a high pitch noise I replace the bearings in the motor and replace the spring seal in the pump, no cracking or broken impeller parts were found. 

techjoeb replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

February 19, 2017 at 5:07 pm

77 db doesn’t sound to bad.. A scale?  Remember that hearing damage is time rated and a dishwasher only runs 5 to 6 times per hour for 30 to 60 seconds.in most kitchens. As for the high pitch, where does it seem to be coming from?  You must have access to a sound meter, so set it for the high weighted scale,place a 6 inch plastic tube over the mic and it becomes directional. Now you can find the source. I use a ultrasonic leak detector for that, as the sqeal will go far above what we can normally hear. BTW, I am quite flamilar with hearing loss. I wear bi-lateral hearing aids and had a 80% loss on the upper end. Thank you Vietnam.

• ectofix

February 19, 2017 at 5:14 pm

In my nineteen years of doing service work on commercial kitchen equipment, I have NEVER had anyone ask that question.  So…of all the test equipment in my tool box(es), a noise level meter isn’t one of them.  A mechanics stethoscope is the closest thing I’ve got.

I learned two things from researching your proposed question:

The decibel level of a dish machine isn’t included in their spec sheets. There’s an APP for that (Who-da thunk?).

Sorry, but no help here.

• techjoeb

February 20, 2017 at 4:01 pm

After talking to the Giao, tech support at CMA Dishmachines, and looking for any other things that would cause a high pitch squeal he agreed that 77 decibels is fairly consistent with the amount of noise that the unit makes. The only thing that we both agreed could possibly be making a high pitch squeal after the unit has had all those parts changed out is, there is a piece of debris stuck in the piping or a pump in the unit. As the water is passing by the piece if trash it is resonating and squealing. Other than than that, air in the water inlet may cause a squeak too. My recommendation is to check all the elbows and connectors and ensure there is nothing stuck in the piping. Please give us an update of the solution to your issue. I would love to know the outcome. 

-Joe