Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums vulcan convection oven

• vulcan convection oven

Posted by guest on May 9, 2017 at 12:00 am

model vc44gd it’s a double stack, client wants to run one gas line to both, do I need to have a separate regulator on each oven or is one regulator feeding both units OK?

not a gas guy so I need help on this

izzygreen replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • fixbear

May 9, 2017 at 10:47 am

The final regulator needs to be at the oven.  This prevents other ovens and equipment from having a effect on the appliance.  Two is your answer.

Besides, Vulcan provides a 3.5″ WC regulator for each oven.  Common natuarl gas manifold pressure is 5 to 7 inches  By designing the oven to run at 3.5 inches, other variations in the system are  prevented from changing the parameters of the combustion..

• fixbear

May 9, 2017 at 11:15 am

Izzygreeen,  I forgot to add that the regulators supplied with the ovens are rated for the 44,000 BTU capacity.  Not 88,000 that would happen if you fed both.  As I recall, they were either 50,000 or 65,000 rating.

• izzygreen

May 9, 2017 at 11:36 am

I was thinking that, I just wanted to be sure….Thanks!!

• fixbear

May 9, 2017 at 11:52 am

Nice to see you posting.

• izzygreen

May 9, 2017 at 1:14 pm

fortunately, I’ve been really busy

• izzygreen

May 9, 2017 at 3:19 pm

this is kicking my a$$…..I’ve got a 90 going from the top oven pointing down and from the bottom oven pointing up, regulators after that and a “T” in the middle……what do I use to secure the bottom of the “T” to the lower oven line without unthreading the bottom regulator as I tighten up the “T”?

again not a gas guy so forgive my ignorance

• ectofix

May 9, 2017 at 6:35 pm

izzygreen, the combination valves in each oven have a built-in regulators.  If the building’s supply pressure is 14″WC (1/2″ psi) or LESS, there’s NO NEED to incorporate separate line regulators.

Get your manometer and check incoming pressure…the pressure from the gas supply pipes mounted to the wall.  If 14″ or less, just make the connection with a Dormont hose with no additional regulators.  They aren’t necessary.

If the supply pressure is MORE than 14″, respond back here.

However, to answer your immediate question about 90s, Ts and unscrewing/screwing things…nipples and unions.  That’s what you need.  Nipples that are of specifically measured lengths…and unions to screw things back together..

• izzygreen

May 10, 2017 at 7:42 am

Thank YOU!

• izzygreen

May 10, 2017 at 9:57 am

kicked my a$$ but got it done thanks guys for all the help !

• fixbear

May 10, 2017 at 10:18 am

You must have had a hell of a time getting that together without swing joints.

Page 1 of 2