Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General 1500 Manitowoc ice machine

• 1500 Manitowoc ice machine

Posted by Topdollah on February 29, 2024 at 6:52 pm

So I have a Manitowoc 1500 ice machine I’m having problems with the machine staying on it runs for a couple of days and then it cuts off all of my thermistors are within perimeters but I’m having a harvest problem any suggestions. What should t3 and t4 be in the last 2 minutes off my freeze cycle. I also keep getting a E8 error

fixbear replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

March 1, 2024 at 1:56 pm

Can we gt the full model number?

• fixbear

March 1, 2024 at 3:25 pm

Can we get the full model number?

E8 is a error with the dual evaporator TXV valves. It means that the T3 anT4 thermistors have registered more than 12 degrees in the last minute of icemaking 10 cycles. One of the evaporators is starving for refrigerant. Both should be about 10F at the end of icemaking. It’s impossible to have them both feed exactly. Also make sure the thermistors on the tail coils are bonded the tail pipes.

But the first thing to do is to fully clean the machine with Manitowoc ice machine cleaner. Proper cleaning usually solves 90% of ice machine problems. Next you have to determine whether it is tripping out on 1 or 2. One is long icemaking, two is long harvest. This provides the information of where to look. Also look at the evaporators to be covered evenly with ice.

Is this a remote condenser machine?

BTW, don’t overlook that the EO8 can also be a leaking harvest valve. This is a copy of the technician’s manual for Manitowoc Indigo machines. I suspect it’s what you have. It explains the whole testing method to find your problem.

MAN-Indigo-QuietQube_sm.pdf (partstown.com)