Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Model:  Blodgett Pizza Oven MT2136G/AB Serial No:  0118001BK043S   We have a customer who sourced a new computer for the above oven.  The tech believes as per instructions that we now need a Brushless Drive Conversion Unit, can you give any information yo

• fixbear

April 12, 2017 at 11:02 am

They used 3 different computors on the domestic gas ovens.  You probably have the wrong board. 

A AB with a BK serial means you should have the closed loop brush-less machine.

• john

April 12, 2017 at 11:52 am

fixbear may have more insight on this, but here’s what I am seeing. 

Checking out the manual here:

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MT2136_sm.pdf 

I see two parts that could potentially be what you need.  Looking at:

Middleby M5770 KIT,OPEN TO CLOSED CONV | Parts Town  and

Middleby M7202 KIT,CLOSED-LOOP CONVERSION | Parts Town 

I am hoping that if one of these is what you need, that you’re needing M7202. It will save you some money.

You’ll have to give us a call at 800-438-8898 for lead times on either of these items as they are not stocked.

Here’s a link to a more recent parts list directly from the manufacturer, which is still 16 years old: http://www.blodgett.com/_literature/Parts%20Lists/Conveyor/MT2136%20parts.pdf 

I hope this gives you some insight! 

-John

• fixbear

April 12, 2017 at 12:17 pm

See if you motor looks like this;  Middleby M10099 KIT,MOTOR & CONTROL BRUSHLESS | Parts Town 

• ectofix

April 12, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Alas.  Just as Lincoln did with their impinger ovens, Middleby (who made this Blodgett oven) went through growing pains over their years of producing their conveyor ovens.  Consequently, so many changes evolved in just ONE model of oven (like this old M2136G oven) that you’d think they did all that just to confuse us.

Anyway, in an attempt to answer Trish Davies’ question:

If you’re having to replace your computer control with a newer, revised version, that’s probably because they stopped making the old computerized control.  Much like your home or office computer, that technology simply changes (and improves) so rapidly that they found no reason to keep making the old computerized control.

So NOW, your conveyor system needs updated too, since your conveyor control board (and motor) isn’t compatible with the new computer control.  WHY?  Well, my guess is that you probably have the old Bodine conveyor drive system.  They quit making the motor for that system.  The parts manual (dated Sept 6 2001) denotes that it was no longer available.

Here’s a snapshot of the relevant parts on page 4 of the parts manual for the conveyor system:

To that end, I believe fixbear has answered your question.  Part number M10099 appears to be what you’re looking for.

H-O-W-E-V-E-R…

Regarding your TECH,

I can’t understand why you’re doing this type of parts inquiry on his behalf.  As a technician myself, I’d be seeking answers for that complex system and its potential need for replacing expensive parts…by calling Blodgett DIRECTLY.

With that in mind, I recommend that you get a second opinion from a more competent technician before you invest thousands of $$$ to upgrade that old oven.