Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums General 1987 Blodgett 1060 pilot light goes out when burners turn off

Tagged: 

• 1987 Blodgett 1060 pilot light goes out when burners turn off

Posted by leo53 on August 16, 2023 at 2:10 pm

Everything replaced accept for the stones and the body. LP conversion. Nice tight blue flames. Thermocouple bulb is in the pilot flame. When I turn the thermostat all the way down and the gas shuts off, pilot stays lit. However, when the TS reaches temp and shuts off the gas, the pilot goes out as well.

leo53 replied 8 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • leo53

August 16, 2023 at 2:13 pm
  • Jason

August 16, 2023 at 3:09 pm

Leo,

Here are a couple of things to check.

Start with gas pressure. For an LP unit the incoming gas pressure should be 11-13″ W.C. and the manifold should be at 10″ W.C.

Another thing to check would be the bypass setting on the thermostat. The bypass flame should be at 1/8″ when the oven reaches temp. Attached are instructions.

Verify the venting. Is it direct vented or under a hood? Use the candling method to verify is the oven trying to exhaust forward towards the burner door or is it trying to draft inwards?

Also you could verify the orifice sizes for the pilot and burner. The burner should be an MDT 48 (1.9-1.95mm, or 0.0760 in) and the pilot should be 0.01 in

Let us know if you have any other questions.

V/r

Jason

0 - Click to view Copy Download Link Deck_Maintenance-Instructions.pdf 58 KB PDF - Click to view Copy Download Link
  • leo53

August 16, 2023 at 3:21 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

manifold is at 10″ WC.

I just spoke with a Blodgett tech named Travis who walked me through the bypass adjustment. It seems likely this is the issue, I will try this and get back to you.

Oven is under a hood. I did a smoke test and most of the smoke gets drawn under the burner door, very little was getting pulled up into the hood.

Verified the correct pilot and burner orifices. Interestingly, the parts place initially sent me the natural gas orifice but quickly corrected their mistake.

• leo53

August 16, 2023 at 3:27 pm

I’ll try and get a better picture later, but do the flames look good for the full burn?

29a21250 502e 4185 804e 426d5b1e5e21