Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Scotsman water pump problem

• Scotsman water pump problem

Posted by guest on August 18, 2016 at 12:00 am

Scotsman SCCP50 won’t spray water into freeze cups. Reservoir fills but after a couple of minutes “check water” light comes on. Any one know if this would caused by a bad water pump or could there be something else I should check before replacing the pump.

Thanks

fixbear replied 7 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

August 18, 2016 at 5:21 pm

I briefly perused that machine’s manual, since I’ve never seen one.  Interesting machine.

I do have ample experience in repairing ice machines.  I’ll point out that the majority of problems with them is with the water controls.  THOSE problems generally occur due to lack of proper and frequent cleaning.  In your case, it’s possible that the water probe is fouled by scale.

I suggest doing a complete and thorough cleaning of the machine.  Use Scotsman products to delime (descale) and sanitize it.  THEN, place it into operation to see what happens.  If it still acts up, then you’re better off calling a service company instead of throwing new parts in it.

I’ll point out that proper cleaning should be done on a regular basis.  Most manufacturers recommend every six months, but that’s a very general rule.  Some places need it more frequently – based upon water quality and type of business.  For instance, a pizza shop’s ice machine DEFINITELY requires more frequent cleaning due to the yeast in the area.

• fixbear

August 27, 2016 at 8:52 pm

Also with Ice machines, they have to have a good water supply with filtration or will scale up and make inferior ice. How are the filters and is there a good supply to the machine. Especially water cooled models.