Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Food service repair training

• cardmagic88

September 3, 2015 at 11:54 pm

Thanks again, ectofix! The concept of steam as a working part of the equipment is interesting in how it is used in its different applications- to control it, to use it properly, etc. Very impressive your knowledge in this trade. Thanks again!

• cfesa

September 4, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Hello cardmagic88 what a great question and one I’m sure many techs have. As you can likely tell from our username I’m with CFESA based in the Headquarters out of Fort Mill, SC. I would like to first start out by thanking ectofix for pointing out that CFESA (Commercial Food Equipment Service Association) has many different training’s threw out the year. We have our EGS course coming up soon here in our all new Training Facility. Without sounding like an advertisement, you can find more information by clicking on the CFESA logo when you first log into the TechTown area here on the PartsTown website (please see the image below).

1.JPG

If you have more specific questions please feel free to message me here on tech town cfesa or post a reply and we will make sure one of our team members gets back to you right away.

Thank you again everyone for the mention and also to Parts Town for bringing this to our attention!

April 21, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Hello every one,

The Question by cardmagic88 was  my question that has not been  given a right answer before.

I have a restaurant that runs business relaying on  freezer,cooler,toaster oven,backing oven,pressing oven,macrowave, ice machine,beverage cooler and more. over the years that I did not know how to have my screw driver handy  I had to spend so much money for repair the equipment. when I started to repair some stuff on my own, I could cut the some of the cost, of course thanks to internet and those who put those video on youtube. but still I could not do all the repairs because I did not have a any kind of back ground or skill related to be a technician but I know that I have a courage  to be a technician.

recently I found out about the skill worker school called Himark they have four branches. I am going to take the Gas technician 3 and then 2 and maybe 1 if needed but they said that with 3 and 2 I can start to work. what they said is I am going to learn and being certified as a Gas technician meanwhile I learn about electrical system that would give a knowledge

to repair those equipment also. since mroadman had the same idea about how to start from Gas,electrical and steam I think that I am in the right path, I was  just wondering if the idea of starting with  cfesa would be a better place to start with. 

Thanks to every one who shared their idea it was very helpful for me

Page 2 of 2