Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives How can I tell how old my oven is

• How can I tell how old my oven is

Posted by guest on July 17, 2017 at 12:00 am

I bought a pizzeria and the oven has to older than 30 years I would love to find out what year it was actually made . And possibly sold to the previous owner 

ectofix replied 6 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

July 17, 2017 at 6:02 pm

Perhaps call Bakers Pride?  They made it.

Some manufacturers assign serial numbers that can have a rather discreet or coded way of indicating the date it was manufactured.  Then, other manufacturers will actually put that “make date” on their plate.  I don’t know Bakers Pride’s way.

They’re all different…and there’s too many manufacturers out there to know how each does it.  Some actually provide a guide in their manuals on how to interpret it from the S/N.  I didn’t see such a thing in the few Bakers Pride manuals I perused through for you.

SO…find the data plate on your oven (if you can), jot down its model and serial number, then call (800) 431-2745. 

If you don’t find a data plate, then Bakers Pride can offer directions on where it might be.  Otherwise, you’re pretty much at a dead end.

As a tech for many years – doing service calls on archaic equipment still in use, I’ve come across some where I was forced to DRAW a picture of it (before smart phones w/a camera…and ready access to the internet), then go back to the office and thumb through every applicable hard-copy manual we had in order to find something even close.