Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives How do I replace the THERMOSTAT SNAP ACTION

• ectofix

August 17, 2016 at 7:26 pm

AH!  I love the simple questions!

First, get a screwdriver.  Have it ready.  Then…

Remove the top wire connection so that it pulls from that confoundedly diabolical thermostat cleanly and in one piece. Remove the bottom wire by using the same procedure. Oops…sorry.  If those wires are located on the left  & right instead, then walk around the unit 90° until they’re located on your top & bottom, THEN proceed as above. Be sure to remember which wire goes where.

Next – pick up the screwdriver.  Be sure to aim the pointy end away from you.Then…

Remove the left screw. AND remove the right screw. NOTE:  There’s no need to be concerned about which screw goes where.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Are the screws out YET?  If so, then…

Installed your new THERMOSTAT SNAP ACTION in the reverse order.

AND you’re back in business again.  CONGRATULATIONS!

Please don’t hesitate in posting anymore of your SIMPLE questions.

HAVE a GREAT day!

• olivero

August 18, 2016 at 12:15 pm

That kind of made me laugh.

• ectofix

August 18, 2016 at 4:36 pm

I kinda chuckled at it after I wrote it too.

In all seriousness, NONE of us could have a clue of what equipment Norma Chilaca is asking about…other than its make (Star).  Could be a conveyor oven, convection oven, toaster, pannini grill, omelet maker, waffle baker, popcorn popper…and I could go on and on.

I’m always willing to assist, but only if that someone can provide adequate information.  Details such as make, model, serial number.  How the equipment has failed, what the control panel shows its doing.  If a part is suspect, then how the conclusion was reached to suspect that part, etc.

When this little forum first kicked off over 1 1/2 years ago, it was supposed to be “a forum for techs, by techs.”  Sadly it has played out as being something FAR from that.

• olivero

August 18, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Unfortunately most people think its “simple” to fix this type of equipment and with some google definitions and explanations they can figure out why their machine doesen’t work. Unfortunately that is not the case as we all know but nonetheless,s it happens.

Despite its orriginal intention, it has come in handy for some people which I believe is worth it in the end, and you do have techs to techs talking occasionally, rare, but it happens.