Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums how can I identify an older American Range convection oven with no tags

• izzygreen

January 21, 2018 at 10:44 am

If you contact american range (Americanrange Commercial )and describe the control panel and tell them the voltage they will be able to tell you the correct part numbers you need.

OR

You can upload a few pictures of your oven and we can try to match it up.

Good luck

• ectofix

January 21, 2018 at 6:11 pm

For equipment lacking a data plate, I used to draw a stupid picture of equipment I needed to ID…as well as take some critical measurements – just so I could go back to the shop and peruse our VAST technical library of hardcopy manuals for a possible match.

Of course, that was contingent upon whether a manufacturer actually PUT pictures in their manuals.  Some are very good at NOT doing that.

Honestly, I’ve found that perusing old specification sheets works the best.  There are ALWAYS pictures of the equipment in those.

Of course, THAT just depends on whether the manufacturer makes them available.  ITW (Hobart, Vulcan and others in that group) are the best at that.  They have spec sheets dating back to the 1950s.

Here’s a link to the American Range library of spec sheets.  I don’t know how far back they go, though:

http://americanrange.com/specsheets/

• fvellozzi

January 21, 2018 at 6:41 pm

Thank you. I’ll get in touch with AR

Frank A. Vellozzi