Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a pitco 65s and would like to convert  from natral gas to lp is thier a kit?

• I have a pitco 65s and would like to convert  from natral gas to lp is thier a kit?

Posted by guest on March 31, 2016 at 12:00 am

Need a converson kit for lp gas for pitco 65s?

ectofix replied 8 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • abialas

March 31, 2016 at 11:14 am

Can you verify the model and serial number of the pitco unit? With this i will verify all the OEM parts you need to convert this unit over to LP.

Thank you Joe

• ectofix

April 1, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Joe,

I don’t advise installing any conversion kit unless you’re absolutely confident that you’re knowledgeable enough to follow all of the necessary steps in its installation.

Liquid propane (LP) is has 2.5 times the heat value of natural gas.  There are other VERY different characteristics between natural gas and LP as well.  LP is much more dangerous to work with.  If not done correctly, then you might enter enter into an explosive situation.

Joe, I don’t know you…or if you’re a technician, so I must interject these things as fair warning.  If you’re a technician, then I know that you understand.  If NOT, then I just hope you’ve studied up or are experienced enough to know what you’re doing.