Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives i have a vucan tk 45 fryer natural and want to convert it over to propane.what do i need to do to convert?

• i have a vucan tk 45 fryer natural and want to convert it over to propane.what do i need to do to convert?

Posted by guest on July 11, 2016 at 12:00 am

i have a vucan tk 45 fryer natural and want to convert it over to propane.what do i need to do to convert

techjoeb replied 7 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

July 12, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Do you own a manometer and know how to use it?

Do you own an orifice bit set and know how to use it?

Can you clock a gas meter?

Can you interpret the characteristics of a burner’s flame and make proper corrections when it’s not right?

Do you know the internal workings of a combination valve and know how to properly adjust it for proper performance?

Do you know which of the above questions happens to inquire about what’s NOT truly necessary in order to do a natural to LP gas conversion on a twenty-five hear old fryer?

If you don’t know the answers to these questions and must ask what is needed to do a conversion, then it’s D.I.Y.  Such a modification is NOT DIY territory.  Any mistake can be dangerous.  Call a service company:

http://www.vulcanequipment.com/service/

• techjoeb

July 29, 2016 at 9:26 am

I recommend getting the model and serial number and calling Vulcan Hart for the part number. Once you have the correct part number I strongly recommend having an experienced certified gas technician install the conversion kit to assure it has been installed properly. Any small misstep could be catastrophic and cause serious injury. Best of luck!