Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I need a part for a Traulsen fridge

• I need a part for a Traulsen fridge

Posted by guest on July 3, 2019 at 12:00 am

I have a Traulsen fridge model RS232NP-X0054 need to get a gasket for the doors.

fixbear replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

July 7, 2019 at 8:13 am

I think you need Part’s-Town.  This is Tech town.  We just try to help techs solve problems.  Parts-town sells parts.

Are  you certain you have a RS.  Traulsen’s R series are a stainless in and out box.  The same as their A series that has a aluminum interior.  However, I do not see a “S”.  Illinois Tool Works tends to protect their tech info and not fully share.  The “R” series has been made into everything from a hot box to freezer.  Multi zone cooling,  pass thru, and glass or solid door.  Because they spec made a lot of them,  You’ll need to have the ML number and serial number to get the correct gasket..  Your RS is probably a spec model since the current common ones are RH.  Often they are made for prisons or other specialty applications.   They also have a networked version for inventory control and monitoring.

I found out years ago that you need to confirm the style and dimensions of gaskets.  I think I wound up with about 25% to 40% as wrong over the years depending on brand.. Traulsens mostly were good at it as they had accurate records.  Other brands have lost information as they were bought and consolidated under a larger corporation.