Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What would make my star Pro Master Hot Dog Grill squeal

• What would make my star Pro Master Hot Dog Grill squeal

Posted by guest on September 8, 2016 at 12:00 am

What would make the Grill Master Pro hot dog roller grill squeal like a stuck pig it’s commercial quality so why is it squealing

badbozo2315 replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • badbozo2315

September 8, 2016 at 7:23 pm

I have to assume you mean it squeals when the rollers are turning.

Most likely the teflon bushings on the first driven tube are worn out, and it’s metal-to-metal contact. It may be too late at this point to repair, as the hole the tube goes through will be worn into an egg shape, meaning it’s not round anymore. If so, it’s time to toss it out.

It’s possible the motor/gearbox is bad…

• olivero

September 9, 2016 at 5:27 pm

All of the equipment I handle is industrial/commercial only and gets run for 10 hours a day, still requires maintenance. Sounds like your machine needs some caring.

I would guess, same as badbozo that you got a bad bearing or something similar, a bit of oil or grease should take care of that but at this point, probably need to replace something.

• badbozo2315

September 9, 2016 at 6:43 pm

All of the hot dog rollers I’ve seen have no bearings in them, as such. There is nothing to oil or grease except perhaps the drive chain, but if you’re replacing parts, always throw in a new chain; they’re cheap.

The rollers have teflon bushings at each end, that have a groove in them that goes into the sheet metal sides of the unit. It’s really a goofy setup, guarenteed to fail. There should be a real bearing on the drive end tube that one could replace. Other than the motor/gearbox, there’s nothing much to them.  The heaters last forever.