Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Imperial Cast Burner Control Knobs. (Big Blue)

• Imperial Cast Burner Control Knobs. (Big Blue)

Posted by guest on July 15, 2015 at 12:00 am

These knobs love to freeze on the burner valve stem. Is there an easy way to remove them with out breaking something or killing yourself.

ectofix replied 8 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • imperial_range_paul

July 16, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Our knobs are very tight on the unit and you should just have to pull to get them off. If they are stuck on with grease the only recommendation we have is to use a small pencil torch to warm up the shaft to loosen the grease.

• ectofix

July 16, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Heck, I’d just like to congratulate Imperial for inventing metal knobs that don’t fall off after the heat of expansion/contraction loosens them up.

I know what you mean about getting some off though.  The harsh and corrosive environment in some kitchens can ruin setscrews & such, or get in there around the D-stem and act like the knob is welded on.

I’m guessing setscrews aren’t the obstacle you’re dealing with.  For some knobs, I’ve had to use a set of flat screwdrivers to pry at each side equally as a gear puller would.  I’ve never ruined a valve by doing that.  I HAVE had to destroy some plastic (mica) knobs for their not wanting to be removed.