Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums coke compresser getting hot and shutting off till it cools down amps ok fans ok charge ok,

• fixbear

May 10, 2017 at 3:48 pm

It’s overheating. Either the condenser fan is not working or coming up to speed, or quiting during cycle.  Or the condenser is plugged with dirt and no air flow to carry the heat off.  Or the machine is in a high ambient air condition.

Clean and inspect the condenser coil with a flaslight shone through the coil for deep blockage.  Feel how much air is moving through the coil.  Not blowing out the side from fan movement,  but traveling back over the compressor.  Also touch first the condenser output line (bottom) to see if it is near ambient temp. Then carefully check the input line (top) either with a clamp on thermometer or moisture on your finger.   It can boil water and burn you if overheating.

The last possible is that the compressor overload is bad.  Only happens if it has been tripping for a long time.

• olivero

May 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm

yup, I’ll agree with Fixbear, sounds like your compressor is not getting cooling. What is the superheat at the compressor?

• fixbear

May 10, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Olivero, this machine has a sealed system.  We do not go into it unless it has been proven by other means to need brazing in taps and attaching gauges.  Not only that, but the machine actually belongs to Coke and they usually service it providing the customer hasn’t started buying other brands.. If that is the case the just pick it up if you call.

• olivero

May 10, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Okay…

The OP says “charge ok” how would he know without checking pressure?

Why even ask for help to troubleshoot if he is not doing anything on it, if its like a “warranty” type of thing, he should just do that. 

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 5:11 am

It’s the owner and is making wishful thoughts.  A tech would know to clean and check air flow.

• olivero

May 11, 2017 at 4:48 pm

That is true.. Very true indeed.

I guess it got fixed?

• fixbear

May 11, 2017 at 4:57 pm

Who know, it’s a guest account.

• olivero

May 11, 2017 at 5:22 pm

I love wasting my time on this stuff