Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives My one week old Hatco FDWD-1x turns on but doesn’t show temp or heats up.  What would be the problem?

• My one week old Hatco FDWD-1x turns on but doesn’t show temp or heats up.  What would be the problem?

Posted by guest on May 26, 2017 at 12:00 am

My warmer doesn’t heat up and doesn’t show the temperature.

fixbear replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • john

May 26, 2017 at 11:32 am

Checking out the Hatco HT-FDWD manual here: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/HT-FDWD-SERIES_iom.pdf 

If there’s no heat nor display, how do you know it’s on? The lamps turning on? 

In any case, having an issue this early on with a unit means you’re probably under warranty for manufacturing defects, so I’d definitely contact Hatco directly at 800-558-0607 

or by e-mail to partsandservice@hatcocorp.com

• fixbear

May 27, 2017 at 11:12 am

Sorry to hear about your problem,  There are a few things you should check before calling.

Check the manufacturers plate for operating voltage.  Then check your supply voltage to the machine.  IF your supply voltage is higher than the rating you have caused damage to the heating units and board.

Check the water tank to be full of distilled water. The machine will not operate without it.

Were the shipping tapes removed from the inside sensors?  Is there any codes?  What does the display show?

Lastly, the high temp limit, if tripped will prevent all from working.  Inside top cover, red button.

The machine should have been set up by a servicing dealer at purchase and tested. Beyond this you will need to check the wiring diagram under the top cover and test to isolate the problem.