Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Cleveland Gas Kettle KGL40, our unit heats up then cycles on and off. The blower continues to run. But the water inside never boils. We have replaced the Potentiometer and the controler. and the fail still occurs.

• Cleveland Gas Kettle KGL40, our unit heats up then cycles on and off. The blower continues to run. But the water inside never boils. We have replaced the Potentiometer and the controler. and the fail still occurs.

Posted by guest on March 17, 2017 at 12:00 am

Cleveland Gas Kettle KGL40, our unit heats up then cycles on and off. The blower continues to run. But the water inside never boils. We have replaced the Potentiometer and the controler. and the fail still occurs.

fixbear replied 7 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

March 17, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Need more details.

What cycles on and off?  The green light or just the burner flame?

I’m going to guess you’re talking about the burner flame since the green indicator light and the blower should operate in unison.  If that’s the case, then there’s possibly an intermittent issue with either the air switch, an ignition issue or the unit’s ability to maintain proof of flame. Or…maybe a gas pressure problem.

Can’t really tell what the problem is without more details.

Incidentally, how’s the water level in the steam jacket?  Can you see the water level in the sight glass?  What’s the jacket pressure first thing in the morning after the unit has been turned off overnight?

• ectofix

March 17, 2017 at 6:13 pm

What I’m suggesting is that maybe it’s a burner control or water sensing issue rather than one with the temperature control circuit…that you’ve already thrown new parts at.

May I further suggest that you call a service company to actually troubleshoot your problem. 

• fixbear

March 18, 2017 at 8:38 am

I have to agree with Ectofix.  If you are not trained in gas control you should contact a trained tech.  Blower running continuous is a safety measure for gas controls that prevents a dangerous gas buildup.  Something is not right with the ignition, flame or burner.