Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I have a Zesto pizza conveyor oven, Gas, Model: CG3018. I have a problem with the speed. The speed control box is ok but the belt keeps moving fast. Stop at times for a second or two before moving fast again. It looks as the blue wheel on the left hand of

• john

April 24, 2017 at 11:39 am

Hello,

Here’s a manual for the Zesto CG series: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/ZES-CG_spm.pdf 

So I think you’re referring to the tachometer on the back of the gear drive motor, as described below. This would explain why the belt seems to intermittently stop. 

• fixbear

April 24, 2017 at 1:04 pm

What you have is a DC variable speed drive that is closed loop. Yes the sensor on the back of the motor is a hall effect pickup to tell the computer what speed it is running. But you should also check the brushes in the motor.  Sometimes they start to arc from wear or the brush not being able to slide and can create problems with the feedback to the computer.  This often takes out the board as well as needing a motor.  The speed sensor comes with the motor.