Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives TENGO UN DETALLE CON MI MAQUINA HOSHISAKI KM-900MRF TRABAJA BIEN DERREPENTE SE BLOQUEA POR COMPLETO Y DEJA DE REPRODUCIR HIELO QUE HACER EN ESE CASO.

• TENGO UN DETALLE CON MI MAQUINA HOSHISAKI KM-900MRF TRABAJA BIEN DERREPENTE SE BLOQUEA POR COMPLETO Y DEJA DE REPRODUCIR HIELO QUE HACER EN ESE CASO.

Posted by guest on December 29, 2016 at 12:00 am

me gustaría saber cual seria la solución para resolver ese problema de la fabricación de hielo .

john replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • fixbear

December 29, 2016 at 3:07 pm

unfortunately I am unable to read Spanish. Anyone able to interpret?

• ectofix

December 30, 2016 at 8:57 am

http://translate.google.com/ 

Using that, I got this:

I HAVE A DETAIL WITH MY HOSHISAKI KM-900MRF MACHINE WORKS WELL DERREPENTLY BLOCKED FULL AND STOPS REPRODUCING ICE TO DO IN THAT CASE. I’d like to know what the solution would be to solving that ice-making problem.

• ectofix

December 30, 2016 at 8:59 am
    Necesitamos que explique mejor.

¿Dijiste que bloquea por completo? ¿Hace respaldo con los cubos de hielo para formar entonces un bloque grande del hielo para arriba cerca de la placa del evaporador?
    Si la máquina de hielo sigue produciendo después de que el recipiente esté lleno, cubos de hielo se acumulan en la máquina. Esto puede conducir a un gran bloque de hielo en la placa del evaporador. Esto se llama una “congelación” y puede dañar la máquina. Lo mejor es desenchufar la máquina de la electricidad y llamar a una empresa de servicios.

Hay un termostato que detecta cuando el depósito de hielo está lleno. Se puede probar para ver si funciona correctamente y sólo necesita un ajuste, o ha fallado y necesita ser reemplazado. Prueba del termostato requiere paciencia, una mano llena de hielo frío y algunos conocimientos de lo que la máquina debe hacer.

Si no sabe cómo hacer estas cosas, a continuación, llame a una empresa de servicios. I told him: We need you to explain better.

You said it blocks full? Does it back up with ice cubes to then form a large block of ice up near the evaporator plate?
    If the ice machine keeps producing after the bin is full, ice cubes will build up into the machine. This can lead to a big block of ice on the evaporator plate. This is called a “freeze up” and can damage the machine. The best thing to do is to unplug the machine from electricity and call a service company.

There is a thermostat that senses when the ice bin is full. It can be tested to see if it works properly and just needs adjusting, or has failed and needs replacing. Testing the thermostat requires patience, a hand full of cold ice and some knowledge of what the machine should do.

If you don’t know how to do these things, then call a service company.

• fixbear

December 30, 2016 at 9:43 am

Cool, basically what he said is it works. Fills up and stops. sounds right to me.

• fixbear

December 30, 2016 at 10:31 am

>The best thing to do is to unplug the machine from electricity and call a service company.

Not normally with a 900 lb. machine. they are usually hard wired 230 volt. But they do have a nice off switch on the Hoshizaki.panel. Once had a paranoid bar owner that shut the machine off at closing and turned on 1 hour before opening. It was  800 and made more than enough ice for a bar operation. Personally I just think he liked watching the waitresses bend over to reach the ice. in the 750 pound bin.

>There is a thermostat that senses when the ice bin is full.

This model can have either a mechanical bin switch flapper system or thermostat sensor system. The thermo system is adjustable due to varying ambient temperatures. The Bin switch is not. 

• ectofix

December 30, 2016 at 10:43 am

Yea, right.  Haven’t even looked at one in years.  I probably should tell him to turn the switch to WASH to melt the ice if it’s frozen up.  Little things like that come back to me if I actually think about it.

I’m presently consumed by the process of moving, buying a house, etc.  Sitting down at the computer to answer a question in Spanish (that I don’t speak) was more of a pleasant departure from loading boxes, hauling them to the U-Haul, etc.

Speaking of which…off I go with the next load.

• john

January 3, 2017 at 12:22 pm

The ice machine seems to work fine, but does not produce ice. I am wondering if the cleaning valve is opened? Perhaps there is not water flowing to the machine? 

• john

January 3, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I looked for a manual in Spanish but could not find one. Here is a link to the manual in English. http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/KM-900MRH_sm.pdf

Check page 48-52 for service diagnosis.