Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a Nouva Simonelli Premier Maxi that I had to replace the volumetric pump in because it was plugged with hard water sediment. The new pump isn’t giving me a consistent pressure, it seems to surge and my pressure guage needle bounces over a range of

• I have a Nouva Simonelli Premier Maxi that I had to replace the volumetric pump in because it was plugged with hard water sediment. The new pump isn’t giving me a consistent pressure, it seems to surge and my pressure guage needle bounces over a range of

Posted by guest on February 22, 2017 at 12:00 am

The new pump isn’t giving me a consistent pressure, it seems to surge and my pressure guage needle bounces over a range of 5 bars. I have tried adjusting the pressure screw, but no setting gets rid of this “surge” completely. Is this just a product of using a Fluid-O-Tech pump, or is there another problem? I’ve had no problems with pumps from other manufacturers in other brands of machines, and this has me stumped.

fixbear replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • techjoeb

February 22, 2017 at 11:07 am

What is the recommended incoming pressure and is there any other regulators before the unit or is it just house pressure? Sometimes the surge and demand from other equipment causes inconsistent incoming pressure. It will drop to normal levels but then surge when there is no other demand. If the incoming pressure is spot on then it is probably the pump itself. Most cappuccino makers recommend a filter system to prevent hard water and better taste. That usually takes care of pressure issues. Please give us an update. Coffee machines are unicorns in this forum and it would be great to get some info on it. 

-Joe 

• fixbear

February 22, 2017 at 11:17 am

have you purged all air?  Does the motor run smooth.  If these are ok, The pressure regulator valve may be hanging due to foreign material or scoring.