Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have the commercial vitamix maxi4000 and have sheered the drive socket.  What part number do I need to order?

• I have the commercial vitamix maxi4000 and have sheered the drive socket.  What part number do I need to order?

Posted by guest on May 4, 2017 at 12:00 am

I have the commercial vitamix maxi4000 and have sheered the drive socket. What part number do I need to order?

brianc replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

May 4, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Is this a commercial or consumer machine?

• john

May 5, 2017 at 11:44 am

According to Vitamix’s FAQ page located here: Vitamix Commercial Frequently Asked Questions | Vitamix 

Two drive sockets are offered: one for the Vitamix XL, and one for every other machine. 

Now, your Vitamix, if I’m looking at the correct model, is actually rather old. So I can’t be certain it will fit.

Here’s a link to the part Vitamix referenced on their page

Vita-Mix 000891 DRIVE SOCKET KIT | Parts Town 

I would still give them a call and make sure it will work in your model. 

I hope this helps!

John

• brianc

May 19, 2018 at 3:50 pm

I have the same problem. The part number I was given by the Vitamix rep I spoke with is 000063. The problem is Vitamix won’t sell the part. I’ve looked for it from third party vendors and apparently Vitamix won’t sell to them either as I couldn’t find the part from any of them. Vitamix will let you ship the stainless steel canister to them and they’ll install the drive socket for you for $165.00. Or you can trade your perfectly good, except for the drive socket, machine in for a new one and get a $100.00 credit from them. It’s pretty obvious what they’re doing here.