Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a model WSB70, which sounds like the bearings are starting to go in the motor, do you have a breakdown on the motor assembly?

• I have a model WSB70, which sounds like the bearings are starting to go in the motor, do you have a breakdown on the motor assembly?

Posted by guest on February 15, 2017 at 12:00 am

I have my own maintenance team that can repair all sorts of equipment. We would like to know if the unit is rebuildable? and if so a breakdown?

Also, is the 21″ head assembly rebuildable? or do we need to completely replace?

olivero replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • techjoeb

February 15, 2017 at 2:47 pm

It looks like the motor is not replaceable by itself only in the whole motor assembly. Here is the parts list: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/WAR-WSB50_pm.pdf The board and the speed knob seem to be the only two things on the motor assembly that can be replace. 

-Joe 

• fixbear

February 15, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Yes it is rebuildable, by only Waring service centers have a complete parts breakdown and access to the parts. Make sure your noise isn’t the coupling. or shaft bearings. Sometimes a drop of oil on the bearings will stave of repairs for a bit.

• olivero

February 17, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Based on experience from equipment manufacturers, if they have a motor made which they almost always do, that is just for them and their particular application, the manufacturer of the motor will put a tag on it and when they go to check the tag they will see its only that equipment manufacturer that is allowed to get any information on it.

In other words, you won’t find a parts breakdown of the motor, its most commonly just, take it apart and find what’s broken, if its a bearing, the bearing will tell you what it is, says on the ring around it and you can replace that, if you need to replace the commutator or windings, forget it and buy a new one.

Don’t know why you need to rebuilt it but if its a noise issue, like Fixbear said, just remove the splash ring from the bearing, put some grease in there that matches what’s already there or close to it, or at least the same colour and that ought to do it. 

Had to do that on a Vulcan convection oven about 8 months ago, still running good now.