Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Need helpful suggestions on how to remove water filter adapter on a Manitowoc sm50 Ice maker.

• Need helpful suggestions on how to remove water filter adapter on a Manitowoc sm50 Ice maker.

Posted by guest on April 25, 2016 at 12:00 am

Need helpful suggestions on how to remove water filter adapter on a Manitowoc sm50 Ice maker.

mconradi replied 8 years ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • abialas

April 27, 2016 at 1:06 pm

mconradi

There is a water filter, and the head that the filter goes into. Not sure what you mean by adapter. Can you provide any other details?

• mconradi

April 27, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Not the filter but the filter head. It has a plastic shroud around it and I do no have long enough wrenches to reach it or if I did turn the two screws. The shroud appears to be removable but have yet to figure out how. I had a water pressure spike to 120 lbs and the line is leaking behind the filter head and there is little room to work on it without removing the filter head.

Thanks for any help.

• abialas

April 27, 2016 at 4:18 pm

This is the best info we could get with what was provided…

Remove filter, then filter panel 000000696 I believe it pivots up after removing two screw. Then remove and replace filter head 000000688.

If they have a water pressure problem, they will need to buy a water regulator (any major hardware store) and install prior to water line going into machine.

I hope this helps.

• mconradi

April 28, 2016 at 8:47 am

Thank you. Did not try pivoting it.