Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives byo155w makes 2 sheets ice, shuts down

• byo155w makes 2 sheets ice, shuts down

Posted by guest on September 11, 2017 at 12:00 am

we have a byo155w ice machine that makes ice, solid ice. it seems to make 2-3 loads and then shuts down with a red light on the left side of the control panel on, solid, and the red light on the right is flashing. if i unplug the machine and plug it back in, it makes another 2-3 sheets and then repeats the process. what could be my problem?

davejohnsonnola replied 6 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • john

September 11, 2017 at 10:49 am

Hello,

I found a manual for the Manitowoc B-Series here: 

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-B-Series_sm.pdf 

Checking under Safety Limits on page 98, there are a few possibilities:

It is possible your ice machine is stopping because the compressor discharge line temperature is falling below 85F. You might also have a problem with harvest time reaching 3.5 minutes on three consecutive cycles. Here are the directions to determine which safety limit stopped the ice machine:

Please download that manual and check page 98 for more details. Once you figure out which problem you’re having, we’d be happy to help you troubleshoot further! Consider registering as well, it’s fast, free, and we won’t spam you.

I hope this helps!

-John

• fixbear

September 11, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Please also tell us what ambient temperature the machine is working in and the bridge thickness of the ice sheet.  And your incoming water temperature and pressure to the condenser.  Is the ice sheet even and full all the way from top to bottom and left to right.

• davejohnsonnola

September 14, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Start with the basics… when was the machine last cleaned and sanitized? Is the condener coil clean?