Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I jut installed a new timer in my lamber 050f. How do i coordinate the cycle with the detergent timer? Machine fill, heats and runs but wont stop

• I jut installed a new timer in my lamber 050f. How do i coordinate the cycle with the detergent timer? Machine fill, heats and runs but wont stop

Posted by guest on January 15, 2017 at 12:00 am

Cycle won’t stop

techjoeb replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • techjoeb

January 16, 2017 at 3:42 pm

It sounds like the timer has to be set properly. Usually your chemical guy sets these because they understand what amount and where/when the detergent/rinse aid and sanitizer level is supposed to be. If you are still having issues I would contact Lamber tech support because it may mean the timer has to be dialed in. I can’t see the physical timer in front of you but I know it has to be set prior to being installed if it looks like Lamber-Eurodib 300804 DETERGENT PUMP TIMER 208V-60HZ | Parts Town . I hope this helps.

-Joe 

• fixbear

January 17, 2017 at 10:52 am

Which timer did you replace. By the symptoms it sounds like the main timer.

The tank fill is controlled by a pressure valve that senses water at proper level in tank. Then is used for rinse cycle.This pressure switch also enables the heater circuits and the start button.

The timer has 4 switches in it and only one is used as a double throw. That on is T4 and controls the timer motor. One timer motor wire  will be connected to that switch on the common terminal.. The other motor wire will go to wire 4.T4 is also connected to wire 14 (NC terminal) and wire 10 (NO terminal).

The start is pushed and the motor starts. It first will switch T4 over to the hold on T1 for the motor cycle. T1 is the timer cycle hold in and also lights the cycle light. It should have wire 12 and wire 14 connected to it.  Wire 14 is also connected to each of the switches.

T2 will be connected to wire 14 and 15 for the pump motor.

T3 is used for the rinse cycle. It’s power is back-fed from T1. in the cycle. Wire 14 is supply and wire 7 for the water solenoid. It also activates the detergent cycle by wire 7. Detergent cycle is parallel to the water solenoid..

What it sounds like is you may have placed a wire in the wrong position on the timer. Hope this helps you.

I know that the replacement timers have 5 switches, so check the paperwork that can with it to use the right switches for your machine and add the documentation to your manual  for future repairs.

• fixbear

January 17, 2017 at 6:21 pm

I forgot to answer about the detergent timer. It will not need to be changed if you didn’t change it. It triggers from the fill cycle and then every wash cycle. If this is the timer you replaced, the 40 wire belongs on the NO terminal of the T2a switch. Not the NC terminal

• techjoeb

January 18, 2017 at 11:01 am

I forgot that the timer is just a bunch of micro switches opening and closing at certain times with a tiny motor attached. As @fixbear mentioned just check your connections. Sounds like you may have them incorrectly attached. 

-Joe