Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Star Holman Convection Oven fan and heating element no longer work

• ectofix

May 19, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Gee-whiz, a model number sure would be nice.

Star Holman makes allot of stuff.  At PartTown, their manuals are listed by model number…and that’s it.  Their list of SEVERAL HUNDRED manuals doesn’t distinguish whether any particular manual is for a toaster, conveyor oven, warmer, sandwich grill, griddle, etc…etc.

I went ot Star Holman’s website and it shows four sizes of convection ovens currently produced.  Whether any of them is same as your seven-year-old oven is unknown.

I opened a owner’s manual for one of those ovens for a quick look at it.  As I was expecting, in it’s parts breakdown I saw a door switch. 

SO…your problem could be a door switch.  I can’t guaranty that’s the problem without being there to look at it and test it, but if you know for certain the oven is getting power and turns on, then I’d be looking for a problem with the door switch.

• fixbear

May 19, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Could be something so simple as they never set the timer.  The high limit,  timer,  door switch, and thermostat all have to be closed for it to operate.  Oh, and it has to have power in.  Thermostat only controls the heater, but all others control fan.