Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Timer with Buzzer

• Timer with Buzzer

Posted by guest on April 13, 2017 at 12:00 am

Hello fellow techs,

I wanted to share a trick with you I found out a couple of days ago.

On Vulcans VC44GD convection ovens, propably other very similar models out there.

They use a 1 hour timer with a seperate buzzer, the way it seems this buzzer works is a relay pulls a plate in that hits the relay and then gets pulled back by a spring so you have a very rapid ringing, like a door bell or alarm bell.

I had one where it was not so loud anymore, looked around the buzzer for a bit and noticed the spring was there, tried a different spring and it was working better, then I put both springs on there and it worked like a charm, was even louder than before. The Chefs had trouble hearing the buzzer at times so now that it’s louder, makes it easier for them.

Just wanted to share it for those that fix parts instead of just replacing them

olivero replied 7 years ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

April 13, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Not familiar with that model number.

We have four VC6GC (computer controlled) ovens with this cheesy little electronic alarm:

(credit to PartsTOWN for the picture)

I always find them melted down…and dangling by their wires, despite how well the muffin fan works.  To hear it, you need to have your head down there near it – right next to the hot oven.  OUCH!

• fixbear

April 13, 2017 at 7:11 pm

And they buzz all day and no one turns them off.

• olivero

April 13, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Lol, maybe mine are old school then. Much better than solid state bs though, something you can do something about! Not these epoxy cased parts, I hate them.