Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Need help finding a thermostat for a steamtable the number on the thermostat is KP-1110-48

• fixbear

January 8, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Make and model of table would be helpful. Alternately a picture or manufacturers name of thermostat, like Ranco maybe. Is it in a well or fastened to the bottom of the tank?

• ectofix

January 8, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Kyle (as a guest) offered the numbers off the body of the thermostat, so the maker of the actual thermostat (Invesys or RobertShaw maybe?)  Not a very searchable number versus providing a direct OEM number of the actual equipment.

Some steam tables (or Bain Maries) are custom, built in and offer no equipment model or serial number data plate.  We have a bunch of those.  They’re nearly our own creation now, for all the upgrades/modifications they have had through the years.

All I can suggest is to check FMP (Franklin Machine Products). Here’s a link:  http://www.fmponline.com/ecomm/Shop

• fixbear

January 9, 2017 at 12:57 pm

We also don’t even know if it is gas or electric.

• john

January 9, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Hi Kyle, I went ahead and called Robertshaw after doing some research on the number you provided. It appeared to be a Robertshaw electric thermostat. 

My hunch was correct! The Robertshaw KP-1110-48 is now obsolete and has been replaced by Robertshaw 5300-043, an electric thermostat.

I cross referenced the Robertshaw number on their website at this link:

Robertshaw | Products | 5300-043 

Without getting too deep into the complexities of manufacturing, Robertshaw is an original component manufacturer (OCM). They make components for many original equipment manufacturers (OEM). Parts Town only sells OEM parts. Therefore, I cannot tell you “buy this part,” because I cannot verify with 100% certainty that this part is what the manufacturer intended to replace your current one. I simply need more information about the manufacturer to give you an answer with certainty. It is possible techs on the forum here will have more insight on this matter. 

Having said that, I found a corresponding Delfield OEM part here on our website:

Delfield SEP90102 THERMOSTATK-658- | Parts Town 

Again, I cannot direct you to buy this part, I am merely stating that Robertshaw says the 5300-043 replaced the KP-1110-48, and as per their website, the Delfield link above is a Robertshaw 5300-043. 

My recommendation is to find out who made your warming table, whether Delfield, Seco, Piper, or another OEM manufacturer, and contact them for more information. Or, alternatively, if you find out who made your equipment, create an account to reply to this thread, and I will work diligently to assist you further.

-John

• ectofix

January 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm

Nicely done, John.