Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I am with Kroger Company and we have a Scotman Prodigy Plus Ice macine head good filter and water will not make ice green power light on when i hit the on button i get red lights flashing on status and water am i missing a seqence please help

• I am with Kroger Company and we have a Scotman Prodigy Plus Ice macine head good filter and water will not make ice green power light on when i hit the on button i get red lights flashing on status and water am i missing a seqence please help

Posted by guest on September 6, 2016 at 12:00 am

I M with kroger co.  We have a s otman prodigy i e machine head good power water and filter power button green when i hit the on button flashing red on status and water am i missing a start up seqence we have 4 other new ones in store and all wprk fine.

fixbear replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • olivero

September 9, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Hmm, water inlet solenoid working?

• fixbear

September 15, 2016 at 10:00 am

Love the boards on the new Scotsman as they make troubleshooting a breeze. I assume you are getting long water fill code.

Flashing water can be not getting water or a bad sensor. Tell us what the Sump LED’s show, Full lit , black , or empty lit?   Is the pump moving water? It is difficult to gain access to the tank to check the level, as it is fully covered, but level sensor is in the ice compartment in the front right. Level can be seen there. The wire routing for that sensor is prone to damage.

. Water solenoid coils are common. If you power off and touch the solenoid as you power on The board light for water solenoid will come on, and you should feel a click.when the coil is powered.

Beyond this one has to go into the water system and test for flow and pressure. Check the inlet screen to make sure it is clean, (just before the solenoid).  Some water filters sometimes have particulates that get passed on at change or install. That’s why the protection screen on the solenoid.

You should also check the Purge valve. It is the 3 led on the board and should not stay on more than 5 to10 seconds unless someone has changed it for a had water condition. Most should be in auto.

Locations may be different on a larger head. Model would be a big help for more accuracy.