Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives sd0423w model: what is rate and temperature of condenser water leaving the unit per hour?

• sd0423w model: what is rate and temperature of condenser water leaving the unit per hour?

Posted by guest on February 10, 2017 at 12:00 am

i want to use waste condenser water but i need to know rate and temperature of discharged water per hour?

fixbear replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

February 12, 2017 at 8:51 pm

There are many variables on this. One, we need to know the serial number to know if it is a energy efficient model or not.  Second we know your incoming water temp. Third, the ambient air temp.

I’ll try to give you a maybe. This model can have a 5900 BTU per hour rejection or 10,000 BTU rejection, depending on your serial number. Water valve is set at 240 psi head pressure, with about a 20 degree glide would make the water discharge about 115 to 120 degrees F. With a 55 degree inlet, that would make about 107 lb’s water per hour, or roughly 13 gallons per hour.

• fixbear

February 12, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is only the condenser. you also have purge water at 32 and ice melt water from the drain at 32. This varies with water hardness, (machine times change) bin design, and ambient air to much for me to calculate. Better measuring this one.

Calculations above were for 5900 BTU high efficiency model that has a energy star rating.

• fixbear

February 13, 2017 at 12:43 pm

I also forgot to remind you that water output is relative to the amount of ice made. We ussually figure 200 gallons of water to make 100 pounds of ice.