Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums hi. i have a MIM452 and when i go to turn it on it makes the first batch of ice then stops. thats when the green light starts to flash. i hit the mode button to make ice again and it starts working. it only does one batch then have to hit the button every

• fixbear

May 21, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Have you read your manual?  Green flashing means that your Chinese copy of a Manitowoc is in ice making mode by timer.  How long did you wait?  When the green is lit solid the machine is in temp mode.  At a predetermined temp it goes to time mode.  The flashing period of normally 3 mins.  This from the manual;

So unless you also have a yellow LED at the same time, Walk away and let it run.  If it isn’t making ice after a couple of hours, then start to look.  It need time to adjust to it’s new environment before getting efficient.

• fixbear

May 21, 2019 at 7:27 pm

You never mentioned the brand of ice machine,  Which I believe to be a Maxx Ice.  Nor the age and time in service.  This is important to us as service personnel to what we look for.  I personally have had my issues with copies of US machines.  And related service manuals for them are marginal.

More detail as to what is running  and happening would be a big help to a determination of a problem. these questions are important to any solution;

Most ice machine problems stem from cleaning,  the lack of. And if the machine was installed correctly.  Before spending any time and money on repairs,  always do a machine cleaning and sensitization.  Check that it is level.