Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What is the part number for the Water filter cartridge and cartridge water filter primary for the Model SD0422A

• What is the part number for the Water filter cartridge and cartridge water filter primary for the Model SD0422A

Posted by guest on October 3, 2017 at 12:00 am

What is the part number for the Water filter cartridge and cartridge water filter primary for the Model SD0422A

Thank you,

fixbear replied 6 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

October 3, 2017 at 1:07 pm

That depends on who’s water filter you have and what it was designed to remove.

• john

October 3, 2017 at 1:13 pm

fixbear is right, and since there’s not “technically” an OEM water filter for this ice machine (that is to say, the manufacturer does not specify in the manual about water filters and cartridges to use), I’m not sure what you have. However, Manitowoc does sell their own line of ice machine water filtration, which I imagine they’d recommend, such as http://www.partstown.com/manitowoc_ice/mank-00338;sid=ygcu-hcQ3A8u-k7DGx8b9L_QbONBWePMigM= 

Now, with that said, if you look at your filter and see something like this, you can find out what part you’re looking for. Please note, sometimes there’s a dash between the K and the numbers, so the example below would be K-00338

Now, if you could take some pictures of your system, that would be a helpful start. I just don’t want to give you information that does not pertain to your water requirements.

I hope this helps!

-John

• fixbear

October 3, 2017 at 4:37 pm

John, it’s only recently that Manitowoc started supplying water filtration.  When they came in with the Indigo series.  SD’s predate that. The vast majority of there small machines were mounted on drink dispensers that required water filtration for the post mix systems.  And both Coke and Pepsi insisted on certain filtration for their product quality.  Water line ussually supplied both and the delivery driver dropping CO2 and syrup boxes would check filter dates for service.

• john

October 4, 2017 at 9:16 am

I was unaware of the SD predating Manitowoc’s water filtration, so thank you for the info

In any case, you know my goal is to ensure customers are getting the right part, and you’re right, I was thinking the system didn’t necessarily use Manitowoc filters, since water filtration is largely considered its own system, there’s not really an “OEM” for a certain machine, I suppose unless the manufacturer specifies otherwise.

That brings us back to OP’s question. Could be Antunes microfiltration, previously called VIZION, could be ClearBev or 3M/Cuno. Definitely need more info and a look at the system.

• fixbear

October 4, 2017 at 9:54 am

Everpure was common here.   Ice-Tech system4.  Then you can also build your own with 2″ X 10″ cartridge filters. and the right cartridges for the water. Plus a phosphate injector cartridge  Culligan also was into it for a while.