Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Regulator LP gas is not putting out gas

June 30, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Information overload!! LOL!!

I could never get the burners to run right. Nether could our propane guy. Called Blodgett and found out that you also needed special burners for a propane conversion (who knew!) Anyway the customer bought a propane oven and scrapped the Blodgett Idea….for awhile.

I have always had trouble hitting that sweet spot with propane, where the burner looks just right and the regulator wasn’t screaming. Now the only propane I deal with is in my backyard. Although, lately, I’ve thinking about converting an old pick up truck to propane. I have to be carefull though, my ole lady didn’t like the results from my bio diesel experements. Almost burned the garage down.

• fixbear

June 30, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Not a easy thing safe thing making bio-diesel.  Heating oil, lye, and a light distillate makes very flammable vapors. Let alone the need for agitation.

July 7, 2017 at 5:23 am

Yeah, used an electric water heater for heating (no open flame) and used a bubbler with water for the washing. I think the lye was the most dangerous thing. The glycren was good for the garden but i soon ran out of places to put it. Unless you know a local soap maker, the glycren becomes a waste product that you just can’t pour the closest sewer. My cost ended up being about $1.70 a gal., before having to pay the Gov. road use taxes. Since the cost of fuel has come down, it was jus not worth doing anymore.

• ectofix

November 30, 2018 at 8:37 pm

This question is over a year old.  Why is it bumped to the top of the list?

• fixbear

December 1, 2018 at 9:10 am

I think it was because it never got marked as answered.  Set’s on a waiting list for a period till it get’s kicked. We don’t have the ability to mark them. Johns busy with other work, and the original poster doesn’t always bother.

Page 2 of 2