Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives curel easy temp control

• curel easy temp control

Posted by guest on October 12, 2016 at 12:00 am

Model gdm47 has curel easy temp control. Its a refrigerator, but it won’t shut off at any temperature. This refrigerator will freeze everything in it. I have set temp according to instructions- press set hold for flashing p5, then push up arrow to( set cut-in cut-out or other parameters) but as soon as the up arrow is pushed it beeps and that’s as far as I can go. Is there a problem with where temperature prob is located? This is a new unit and can’t be sold this way.  I could use a manual that tells me what to check, ohm readings, etc, etc.  This is a metalfrio msgdm-47sl machine

olivero replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • alnelson

October 12, 2016 at 7:38 pm

What do you have the temperature set to?

• altonbee

October 15, 2016 at 2:38 pm

set at 38 degrees F. Won’t stop no matter where Curel Easy Temp Control is set. Will not go into defrost automatic. Will not let me get past p5 to set cut in cut out, I change temperature setting and that is about it.  Its a Metalfrio MSGDM REFRIGERATOR, uses r134a, was low , added 9oz bring up suction pressure to 20psig. No high side pressure reading, no pressure taps from factory, used pierceing valve for suction. Superheat was 20 deg F. If that even matters can’t get temperature correct. Maybe its still low on refrigerant, got 17 deg split from ambient temp and temp out condenser. Maybe temp probe not correctly installed on evap coil. This is a new unit and I don’t or can’t find any troubleshooting articles from any place, not even Metalfrio or Curel Easy

• buddy-moore

December 2, 2016 at 7:34 pm

I think your superheat is high. Your suction is a little high at 20. You should call the factory and ask for the specs and if the controller can be changed. Some factory’s buy the controllers without certain abilities to be changed. Unfortunately you’ve tapped into the system, most manufacturers void warranties when non-asa techs make adjustments. 

• olivero

December 3, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Superheat is definetley too high, what was the box temp when you measured it?

You need to consider that the only reason it stays on, is because something is telling it to or not letting it stop. However the unit is set up, with a thermostat on the coil or in the box or a digital controller like Delfields, something is keeping it on.

Is there a way to set your temp up higher, above the box temp or maybe even to an off position? If that doesen’t work and the compressor AND condenser fan still runs, I would replace that T-stat or controller.

If its a traditional T-stat, you can ohm out the contacts with te unit off, maybe they welded together or something which keeps it cooling. If its digital, check where the probe is first and make sure its not sticking out the top of the unit hanging over the condenser or something stupid.