Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a Imperial double gas oven Speed baker that I need to convert to LP gas. I need to find out where I can get the LP orfices and what the regulator has to be set at.

• I have a Imperial double gas oven Speed baker that I need to convert to LP gas. I need to find out where I can get the LP orfices and what the regulator has to be set at.

Posted by guest on May 24, 2017 at 12:00 am

The Model No. is “CKR8411M-A-722R” and the Serial No. is “2881-KR831A” can you help me this information and would like to get manual and parts list if available.

fixbear replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

May 25, 2017 at 7:52 am

I can find no information on that model number.  Imperial never used a model number like that,  so either it’s not imperial, or it’s not the oven model number. There models are normally 3 to4 letters that start with a I.  IA,  IC, ID,  IF, IG, IM, IR, IS, IT,   are common models lead in numbers..

Please be aware that not all natural gas equipment is convertible to propane.  Some manufacturers designs are not usable do to ignition problems due to gas density, or corrosion problems with burner design.  One has to make sure that the manufacturer approves conversion before starting. Contact them directly for that and if they condone conversion, they will happily provide conversion parts or numbers..

Speed baker is a term that belongs to Frigidaire and was used on there early convection ovens that were also usable as a conventional oven.   It’s just a switch that can turn the fan on or off.