Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Rational PM List

• Rational PM List

Posted by guest on July 4, 2019 at 12:00 am

Hi Guys, Does anyone have Preventative Maint template/procedure for Rationals. The one I have is old (made it myself), and I usually go thru my own self taught procedure and I dont really use the list other than to remind myself what I’ve completed on the day… but now I have other techs working for me I need more precise checklists/procedures for them to follow… and rather than re-invent the wheel (or the combi oven, we all know there’s enough of them now!) I wondered if someone might have some to share? TIA,Graeme…

olivero replied 4 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • holmanelectrical

July 4, 2019 at 4:09 am

I downloaded a neat app called Cam Scanner and created one… PM me if you want a pdf copy

• ectofix

July 4, 2019 at 11:17 am

holmanelectrical, I sent you a private message.  I’m hesitant about posting Rational’s published service information on the open web.  They might not like my doing that.  Otherwise, if you have access to Rational’s service partner portal, they have a preventive maintenance checklist you can download.

September 13, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Hello Can you share that with me my email is sanketthakk@gmail.com

• olivero

September 14, 2019 at 12:15 pm

Ectofix,

I’m about 100% sure that Rational would not want you to do that, so good thing you didn’t.

Seems it’s very proprietary with them. 

I almost find it’s better to leave combi’s alone until they start exhibiting problems I swear every time I try to do something nice to it, like, hey buddy, here’s a new igniter for you in the top and you be good now.

2 days later, the burner is malfunctioning because the igniter is the 17th gen version AAAAAR2 which comes with a titanium heatshield  wrapped around halfway of the monitoring probe which is different from the 17th gen Version AAAAAR1 which was part titanium part unobtanium. Now my problem is that I don’t have the 18th gen igniter.

I’m exaggerating a little, (just a little bit though) Drive’s me absolutely crazy with faulty parts, cheap plastic fuse holders that are “wiring friendly” so it’s easy to install but burns up eventually.

But I do mainly Cleveland, rarely Rational. 

Figured it was a good place to share my experience. 

You know Ecto, you’ve been down this road with me before.