Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives US slicing company

• US slicing company

Posted by guest on March 18, 2018 at 12:00 am

I have a US slicing company slicer, serial number507XGB292 model GB, I have no clue what year this is. I’m hoping you can help me, is there any way someone has a manual or even knows if you can get parts for this model any more? Please help, thankyou, gary

fixbear replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

March 18, 2018 at 8:51 pm

That sounds fascinating.  PLEASE post some pictures of it.

According to Berkel’s website, they only made slicers under that name for six years – beginning in 1909:

About Berkel 

Perhaps you should contact them directly.  I’m sure they’d be fascinated as well.  Click on their CONTACT US tab for instructions on how to do that.

• fixbear

March 19, 2018 at 10:10 am

First, I have to ask.  What kind of slicer?.  Is this a bread slicer perhaps?  Or maybe a pedestal flywheel slicer?

Berkel has been bought and sold many times over the years.  It Is part of Illinois tool works today (ITW) who bought Preway in the 90″s. The Food group includes Baxter, Hobart, Traulsen, Vulcan, Wolf, Foster, Stero, Vesta, Bonnet, MBM, Elro as well as Berkel.. I agree with ectofix on wanting to see a picture.  Please register so that you can post one.  I doubt that Berkel will have much,  But you may be surprised at what shakes out after a picture is posted on here.  There are forums that specialize in antique slicers by both American and US.   Us started in Chicago making Berkal designed and patented slicers.  Berkal was a dutch butcher that built the first slicers. The Dutch produced ones had curved lines and artistic painting compared with the US slicer..